Making High Motion pictures In Malta
Filming in Malta began within the 1970s. One of the earliest films filmed in Malta is “Orca: Killer Whale.” The 1977 film starred Richard Harris as Captain Nolan and Charlotte Rampling as Rachel Bedford. The movie introduced attention to the plight of the killer whale and launched film viewers to the gorgeous Mediterranean Sea and components of Malta.
In 1980, Sweethaven Village was created on Malta. The Robin Williams movie was filmed in Malta, and the Sweethaven Village nonetheless stands at this time. Though it isn’t being used to movie movies, it still serves the island properly as a vacationer attraction. Stone Island Jackets The village is open to tourists seven days per week and presents quite a lot of family activities.
A Earlier Engagement
The latest movie to be filmed totally on the island of Malta was “A Previous Engagement” starring Juliet Stevenson and Daniel Stern. The Canadian-Maltese co-manufacturing was launched in the U.S. in Might 2008. At the side of the movie’s opening, a contest has been organized. One winner will obtain an all-bills-paid trip to Malta and keep within the Xara Palace in Mdina the place the movie was filmed.
Other films which were filmed in Malta include:
* “Midnight Categorical.” Some scenes have been filmed at Fort St. Elmo in 1978.
* “Raise the Titanic” in 1980.
* “Cutthroat Island.” The popular Geena Davis and Matthew Modine movie was shot primarily close to Vittoriosa. Some scenes had been filmed in Mdina, Fort St. Elmo and the Dingli Cliffs. Water tanks have stone island jeans fit been supplied by the Mediterranean Film Studios.
* “White Squall.” The violent storm skilled in this movie was filmed at the Mediterranean Movie Studios in 1996.
* “U-571.” The star-studded cast included Matthew McConnaughey, Jon Bon Jovi, Harvey Kitel and Invoice Paxton. The tanks used in the movie are the property of the Mediterranean Movie Studios. One evening-time scene was filmed in town of Valletta on the Grand Harbor in 2000.
* “The Rely of Monte Cristo.” In 2002, Valletta and Vittoriosa had been quickly reworked into Marseille for the filming of this movie. The lovemaking scene was filmed on the rocks close to Fort St. Elmo. St Mary’s Tower on Comino served as the Chateau d’If.
* “Pinocchio.” The 2002 manufacturing of Pinocchio included scenes filmed in the Mediterranean Movie Studios.
* “Swept Away.” The 2002 creation of Madonna and Guy Ritchie was filmed on both Comino and Malta. Madonna’s snorkeling scene was filmed on the Blue Lagoon on Comino.
* “Helen of Troy.” The 2003 mini collection was filmed at Fort Ricasoli and on Comino at the Blue Lagoon.
* “The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.” This 2003 hit starred Sean Connery and was filmed on Gozo at Xlendi. The submarine scenes were filmed on the Mediterranean Movie Studios.
* “Troy.” The 2004 blockbuster hit starring Brad Pitt and Orlando Bloom was filmed at Fort Ricasoli. Elements were filmed in Mellieha and on Comino Island. The movie’s producers used Malta’s pure beauty and ruins to enhance the authenticity of the movie.
* “A Totally different Loyalty.” Starring Sharon Stone, this film was filmed in 2004 at Fort St. Elmo, which gives a visual representation of the town of Beirut. Elements of the film were filmed on the Golden Sands Seaside.
* “Alexander.” In 2004, Valletta’s Grand Harbor doubled for the historic port metropolis of Alexandria. The movie starred Angelina Jolie, Anthony Hopkins and Colin Farrell.
* “Gladiator.” The Russell Crowe movie was shot at a replica built at Fort Ricasoli with a night time time scene being filmed simply outside Vittoriosa at Couvre Port.
For additional details about Malta, including airlines who have flight to Malta gives go to yourmalta.com
They also have a map of Malta plus acommodation with critiques for hotels in Malta