Rama Setu An Ancient Marvelous Civil Engineerin..
However steady civilization, whereas a marvel by itself, does not depart intact, enough archeological remnants of its ancestors.
Generations come and go and as they keep constructing and rebuilding their cities, they destroy or alter these remains with a view to maintain themselves.
▪ Therefore whereas the continuous civilizations and culture itself is an current proof, archeological artifacts are onerous to return by.
Shri B.B. Lal
Director Normal, Retd.,
Archaeological Survey of India,
“No contemporary inscriptional evidence is out there to determine the historicity of the epic. An advantage in approaching this drawback is, the sites talked about in the epic, bear identical names even right now. It’s because these websites have remained below continuous occupation ever since the 1st settlement began thereat. Authenticity of the names is there, as there is just one Mathura, Hastinapura, Ayodhya, Chitrakoota.”
▪ Since all conventional archealogical evidences are indirectly accessible on account of an elapse of time of more than
7,200 years coupled continuous civilization,
the bridge might be the only archaeological proof!
What does the text say about this bridge and what do we find on site
▪ Contrary to simply mentioning in passing, the Ramayana has detail verses explaining the development of the bridge. The steps followed by Rama in constructing the bridge appear to be no different from these employed by modern day Civil engineering and Construction companies.
▪ It says that, during Rama’s encounter with the sea, they gathered that it was in the nature of the seas to be deep and not shallow, to have waves and fierce sea creatures. Given this, it was essential to discover a path where Rama and his army would discover it simple to cross the sea.
▪ Nala who launched himself as the biological descendant of Vishwakarma, an architect par excellence, offered his services for the design and building of a bridge.
▪ On his recommendation, the Vanara then piled totally different styles of bushes after which massive boulders followed by smaller stones to create a causeway over the sea in 5 days, over which they crossed and reached Lanka.
Survey of the situations
Samudra Deva says
“O, beloved Rama !
Earth, wind, ether, water and light
stay fastened in their very own nature,
resorting to their eternal path.
I’m fathomless and my nature is that
it is inconceivable of being swum across.
It becomes unnatural if I’m shallow.I am telling you the next gadget to cross me.
Neither from need nor ambition
nor fear, nor from affection,
I am capable of solidify my waters inhabited by Makarah.
I shall make it attainable to see that you’ll be able to cross over.
I’ll arrange a place for the vanara to cross me
and bear with it.
As far as the military crosses me,
the Makarah won’t be aggressive to them.”
Ramayana 6.22.25 – 28
Planning and Deciding the method
▪ “I’m a son born of Visvakarma’s own loins. I am equal to Viswakarma. This god of Ocean has reminded me. The nice ocean spoke the truth. Being unasked, I haven’t instructed you my details earlier. I’m capable of constructing a bridge throughout the ocean. Therefore, let the foremost of vanara construct the bridge now itself.”
Development of the bridge
Description within the Ramayana. Yudha Kandam. Sloka 6.22.50 – 72
“Then, being sent by Rama, tons of and thousands of vanara, heroes jumped in joy on all sides, in the direction of the great forest.
▪ Those army-chiefs of vanara, who resembled mountains, broke the rocks and trees there and dragged them away in the direction of the sea.
▪ Those vanara crammed the ocean with all varieties of timber like
Sala and Asvakarna, Dhava and bamboo, Kutaja, Arjuna, palmyra, Tilaka, Tinisa, Bilva, Saptaparna, Karnika, in bloom as also mango and Asoka.
▪ The superb vanara, the forest animals lifted and brought, like Indra’s flag put up, some timber with roots intact and a few others without roots. From here and there the vanara introduced
Palmyra timber, pomegranate shrubs, coconut and Vibhitaka, Karira, Bakula and neem timber.
▪ The massive bodied vanara with mighty energy uprooted elephant-sized rocks and Mountains and transported them by mechanical contrivances. The water, raised up as a result of sudden throwing of mountains in the sea, soured upward towards the sky and from there once more, gushed again.
▪ The rocks befalling on all sides perturbed the ocean. Some others drew up strings 100 Yojanas lengthy, – so as to keep the rocks in a straight line.
▪ Nala on his half initiated a monumental bridge in the midst of the ocean. The bridge was constructed at the moment with the cooperation of other vanara, of terrible doings. Some vanara have been holding poles for measuring the bridge and some others collected the supplies. Reeds and logs resembling clouds and mountains, brought by hundreds of vanara, lead by the command of Rama, fastened some parts of the bridge.
▪ Vanara constructed the bridge with bushes having blossom at the end of their boughs. Some vanara trying like demons seized rocks resembling mountains and peaks of mountains and appeared working hither and thither. Then, a tumultuous sound occurred when the rocks had been thrown into the sea and when mountains have been induced to fall there.
▪ On the first day,
of bridge were constructed by the vanara speedily, thrilled with delight as they had been, resembling elephants.
▪ In the same manner, on the 2nd day
of bridge have been constructed speedily by the vanara of terrific bodies and of mighty energy.
▪ Thus, on the 3rd day
of the bridge had been constructed within the ocean speedily by the vanara with their colossal bodies.
▪ On the 4th day, an additional of
were constructed by the dashing vanara with an incredible pace.
▪ In that manner, on the fifth day, the vanara working shortly constructed
of the bridge as much as the other seashore.
▪ That Nala, the robust and illustrious son of
and a wonderful vanara built the bridge throughout the sea as really as his father would have built it. That lovely and lovely bridge constructed by Nala throughout the ocean the abode of crocodiles, shone brightly like a milkyway of stars within the sky.”
From the above description, the bridge construction may be graphically defined as follows.
: Immediately there’s a pure sea ridge formation over the seabed linking the land masses of India and Sri Lanka.
▪ This formation presents a good foundation over which, the Vanara of yore may have simply augmented and created a causeway bridge. This could vindicate Rama’s encounter with the sea to search out a place within the sea where it could be easy for Rama and his military to cross over.
Amar Chitra Katha
‘ is a popular and broadly accepted as an genuine expression of Indian legends. In their depiction of Ramayana, they clearly present the layers of the bridge development, with a wood base on high of which giant boulders have been piled on.
▪ The query now is whether, below the layers of hardened sands, do the layers of this bridge show remnants of the bushes and rocks as positioned there by the Vanara over the pure ridge, underneath the steerage of Nala, as described within the text
▪ Dr. S. Badrinaryanan, Geologist
– former Director of Geological Survey of India and Marketing consultant at the Nationwide Institute of Oceanic Know-how (NIOT), has done intensive geological research of the bridge, and that is what he has to say:
Geological & geophysical studies of Ram Sethu reveal the presence of free marine sand beneath the coral layer, clearly indicating the coral layer in the type of boulders should not natural and formed on their own, but have been transported by someone and dumped there; thus clearly establishing the truth that Ram Sethu could be very much man made in the hoary past.”
▪ The texts state that the
bridge’s size is a 100 Yojana and the breadth is 10 Yojana making a ratio of 10:1.
▪ At the moment the bridge, from Dhanushkodi to Talaimannar, measures approx 35 km in size and three.5 km in breadth making it of the same ratio of 10:1 as mentioned within the texts.
▪ Rama spoke to Sita en route from Lanka to Ayodhya
“Survey town of Lanka perched on a summit of the Trukuta Mountain, resembling a peak of Mountain Kailasha.”
▪ “Right here see the landing place on the seashore the place having crossed the ocean, we spent that night time.”
▪ “Here is the bridge known as
so referred to as because it was constructed by the vanara Chief Nala, which was so tough to execute for others.”
▪ It is very clear from the above assertion that Rama has himself referred to as this bridge ‘Nala Setu’ due to the singular effort of Nala in executing this civil engineering marvel.
What do our other conventional literature say about this bridge
▪ Nala Setu, a protected monument throughout Mahabharata instances
nalasetur iti khyato yo ‘dyapi prathito bhuvi ramasyajnac purask – tya dharyate girisacnibha
– (Mahabharata three.267.Forty five)
▪ which even right this moment, fashionable on earth as Nala’s bridge, mountain like is sustained out of respect for Lord Rama’s command.
▪ Additional, within the
text, when the 5 Pandava brothers roam the forest during their exile period, they go to the Ashrama of Rishi Markendeya, who regales them with the histories of their land.
Thus the Setu has been discussed in literature as a protected monument by means of the ages.
▪ The findings at the positioning of the Rama Setu tally with the literature on the development of the bridge.
▪ The detailed reports of the few surveys carried out until date, level to the Setu being a man made accretion over a pure formation.
How did the title change from Nala Setu to Adam’s Bridge
▪ The Sri Lankan Muslims known as this bridge as ‘Aadhaam Bridge’ because their first Islamic leader traveled over this bridge by foot from India and thus this bridge has a holy connotation for them.
▪ When the Europeans conquered Sri Lanka, because the title Adam was simple on their tongue and had a which means for the stone island jacket q15342 Europeans too, it popularly got here to be called Adam’s Bridge.
▪ Rama after profitable over Ravana and rescuing Sita flew back within the Pushpaka Vimana. During this flight Rama shows to Sita this particular bridge they crossed over and explains to her that the development of this bridge was very tough and it was possible due to the ingenuity and the engineering ability of Nala and therefore he has called the bridge as ‘
▪ Later, the individuals due to their adoration to Rama referred to as this bridge ‘
Conclusions than can be done from NASA Satellite tv for pc pictures of Rama Setu
▪ NASA by way of their satellites have been photographing the skies and different components of the world. On this course of, they’ve also photographed South India and Sri Lanka. Being Satellite tv for pc / aerial images the bridge can also be clearly seen within the photograph as a causeway. These photograph all of a sudden kindled the curiosity in the Indians who had been on the lookout for scientific proofs for the bridge constructed by Rama and his team.
▪ NASA in their assertion on these images have acknowledged that the land at both ends of the causeway are over 1.7 million years previous which might be corroborated with geology, archaeology and different fields.
▪ Clearly for the aim of dating this land, images is not the one method. It may well at best be an additional instrument. Some over zealous individuals jumped on to this suggestive date as it fitted effectively with the Indian Treta Yuga calculation in lakhs of years. This obviously led to a denial statement from the NASA officials.
▪ We’d like to take a look at the images and the original statements of NASA and draw a scientific understanding of what the bridge / causeway can imply.
There are three issues that we can draw from NASA’s photograph statements are
▪ The bridge / causeway has been identified as Adam’s bridge.
▪ The time period talked about therein of 1.7 million years will not be of the bridge / causeway however the two ends of the adjoining land.
▪ The form of this structure which has a novel curvature means that it may very well be man made. It is not an emphatic statement, however only a suggestive view based mostly on an remark.
Sea Level Rise
▪ A schematic illustration of Sea Level Rise is depicted beneath.
What do our different conventional literature say about these dates
▪ The above clearly brings forth the date of
Rama being 5114 BCE
and it tallies well with scientific explanations.
Thriller of Floating Stones of Ramasetu
▪ Rama Setu took 5 days to build by 10 Million Vanara military beneath the supervision of Architects Neel and Nala.
▪ It is believed that RAMA Setu is manufactured from a chain of limestone shoals.
▪ It’s 30 Km Long and three Km Wide. It Starts from Dhanushkodi tip of India’s Pamban Island and ends at Sri Lanka’s Mannar Island. Sea in these areas is very shallow.
▪ In Ramayan it’s talked about that the bridge was constructed by Stones and these stone begins
Floating on water by contact of Nala & Neel.
Some such stones were scattered at Rameswaram during the
,these stones nonetheless float on water.
▪ Many Geologist says RAMA Setu is built by natural course of however failed to provide enough proofs.
Aside from Ramayana there are a number of info which say Rama Setu is Man-made Structure.
▪ Info that prove it is Man Made
The places talked about in Ramayan precisely matches to the present location of the bridge.
▪ Temple data say that Rama’s Bridge was utterly above sea degree until it broke in a cyclone in Advert 1480
. Ram Setu was walkable until 1480 Ad. NASA Says what had been captured by satellite tv for pc is naturally occurring chain of sandbanks.
▪ Battle between Science & Spirituality is operating over a decade. Science depends on logics , info & proofs whereas Spirituality is largely related to perception.
Based on Hindu belief Ram Setu was built by Lord Rama to cross the sea. Stones used to make the bridge floated on water because Rama was written on stones. However there’s an entire scientific rationalization why stones floated on water & why now Ram Setu is below water.
▪ A scientific risk
If air is trapped inside a shell of silica it might appear to be a stone but would really be very mild and would thus float. One other example is Ice. When put into glass having liquid, ice floats on liquid & after a while it sinks. Another prime example is of “Pumice” stone.
About Pumice stone
Pumice is one such stone that floats on water. Pumice is the name given to the hardened foam of lava when it comes out of a volcano. The inside of a volcano has very high strain, and will be as sizzling as
1600 degree Celsius
. When the lava comes out of the volcano, it meets the cool air (and generally sea water), which is around 25 diploma Celsius.
▪ Two issues happen instantly
Air and water that have been combined in the lava bubble out, as the strain falls. The large distinction in temperature provides the lava a ‘cold shock’, so it freezes nearly immediately. So the bubbles get trapped in the freezing stone, giving it a very spongy look. In some kinds of pumice, the bubbles could make upto ninety% of the amount.
▪ Dense stones do not float on water
But as a result of pumice is stuffed with air bubbles, it is much less dense than water. So at first it is going to float. But in time, water will enter the bubbles driving out the air. Slowly, the pumice sinks. This additionally explains why the Ram Setu is underneath water today. Pumice doesn’t float without end. Nevertheless, this concept isn’t one hundred per cent correct. Read on to know the way some scientists dismiss the Pumice stone theory….
▪ Strange floating stones of Rameshwaram
Some floating stones are discovered on the coastal regions of Rameshwaram. These stones are much like some other stone and possess the same features, bodily and chemical composition just like the stone you might discover in your locality. Seeing these stones from a far distance, chances are you’ll really feel that this stone is product of corals however on bodily examination, it is found that this is not a coral stone…and neither is it a pumice stone!
▪ Debunking the Pumice stone principle
There isn’t any volcano near Rameshwaram nor is there any proof which claims the existence of volcano within the areas surrounding Rameshwaram over the last few thousands and thousands of years. Also, floating stones of Rameshwarm usually are not gentle weighted like pumice rocks and doesn’t have the chemical composition just like pumice rocks.
▪ There isn’t any exception
It could be doable that this is some special form of heavy pumice rocks discovered solely at Rameshwaram but when this could have been the case, then it would have been confirmed by Indian archeologists. In line with visitors, a number of the stones do look like pumice but are extremely heavy to be referred to as as pumice. Additionally, coloration of the pumice rocks is white or creamish in color but there are a lot of black floating stones in Rameshwaram.
▪ NASA photos of Ram Setu
This bridge made of floating stones can nonetheless be seen between India and Sri Lanka from Rameshwaram, the place the place Lord ram prayed to lord Shiva and began the development of the bridge. Since this story could be very previous and unproven, many historians, scientists and archaeologists deny accepting this bridge to be constructed by lord Rama however at the same time they are unable to clarify the concept of floating stones present in Rameshwaram.
▪ It’s not Ram Setu however corals
Scientist has been claiming far and wide that the stones of ram setu are actually coral formation. Nasa scientists even launch the photo where they claims the Ram setu underwater bridge to be coral formation. Take a look at the image release by their house shuttle.
▪ No, there is unquestionably a bridge on the market!
There may be nothing like floating coral because coral is calcium carbonate, and its chemical composition is simply too dense to float on water. Geologist claims that after years of formation of layers on ocean mattress, coral stones are formed inside the layer, but once they have been asked why these stones were formed solely in Rameshwaram and nowhere else there were no answers. Also, coral stones don’t occur naturally within the sea, they occur solely on arduous floor.
▪ Unknown science behind floating stones
Until the scientists give you a convincible principle maybe we can consider Rama Setu as an engineering masterpiece. The technology once existed to make stones float on water and the architect like Nala and Neela have been too superior in building a bridge from India to Sri Lanka inside 5 days with the help of dedicated workforce of million Vanaras.
If you liked this short article and you desire to be given more information with regards to STONE generously go to the web-page.