For those who Equate Money With Power
The following are quotes from the Monkey Island series of adventure video games by LucasArts.
1 Running gags
2 The key of Monkey Island
three Monkey Island 2: LeChuck’s Revenge
four The Curse of Monkey Island
5 Escape from Monkey Island
6 Tales of Monkey Island 6.1 Launch of the Screaming Narwhal
6.2 The Siege of Spinner Cay
6.3 The Lair of the Leviathan
6.Four The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood
6.5 the Rise of the pirate God
– “I am Guybrush Threepwood, mighty .” – Introduction of the main character, Guybrush Threepwood. Most often identifies himself as a mighty pirate.
Insult: “You combat like a dairy farmer.” Comeback: “How appropriate. You battle like a cow.”
– Sword battle insult, written by Orson Scott Card.
– “Look behind you, a 3-Headed Monkey!” Used by many characters (particularly Guybrush) to distract someone lengthy sufficient to escape. In the first recreation, a 3-headed monkey really appeared behind mentioned characters, however they didn’t notice
– “I’m selling these superb leather-based jackets.” – Guybrush (a recurring phrase in almost every LucasArts journey game since first spoken by Indiana Jones in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade)
– “That’s the second biggest I’ve ever seen!” – Guybrush, when seeing something huge (generally stated in Get Good)
– “I should have left it in my other pants.” – Guybrush, when asked about an item he would not have.
The key of Monkey Island
– “I wanna be a pirate!” – oft-repeated and unexplained aspiration of the protagonist, Guybrush Threepwood
– “So you want to be a pirate, eh You look extra like a flooring inspector.” – Blind Lookout to Guybrush Threepwood
– “Please Fairly please Please fairly please with sugar on top ” – Guybrush Threepwood, when wanting something badly.
– “That’s the second biggest monkey head I’ve ever seen!” – Guybrush, about the enormous stone monkey head on Monkey Island
– “Ah, there’s nothing like the hot winds of Hell blowing in your face.” – Le Chuck, on his ghost ship in a river of lava
– “I can’t assist however really feel I’ve been ripped off. [In direction of the fourth wall.] I’m sure you are feeling something related.” – Guybrush Threepwood to Sword Instructor
– “Swordfighting is just a little like making love. It is not at all times what you do, however what you say.” – Sword Instructor to Guybrush Threepwood
– “Is that a banana in your pocket or are you simply glad to see us ” – The Cannibals to Guybrush
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck’s Revenge
– “I’m a mighty pirate!” – oft-repeated phrase of the protagonist, Guybrush Threepwood
– “I can’t make the one factor this island could actually use… a voodoo doll of Largo LaGrande!” – mentioned by several citizens of Scabb Island concerning the native bully, shortly before Guybrush commissions a voodoo doll of Largo LaGrande
– “I’m sensing a disturbance in the Force…as if a tiny voice just called out…and hastily scratched a message in a table.” – The Voodoo Lady, when Wally is kidnapped
Paraphrasing Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars Episode IV: A new Hope
The Curse of Monkey Island
– “I can’t, I’m washing my hair tonight” – Elaine Marley, reply to LeChuck asking her to be his undead wife
– “I’m not bald! I just have a extremely excessive widow’s peak.” – Murray, the demonic talking skull
– “Mine is the identify pirates concern probably the most: Edward “Snugglecakes” Van Helgen!” – Edward Van Helgen
– “It appears to be like like a ship’s skipper, first mate, a professor, and the remainder.” – Guybrush, when taking a look at a pile of skulls, in reference to Gilligan’s Island
– “I think I broke my skull. I’m *all* skull.” – Murray the demonic talking skull, having fallen from an excellent top
– “Join me, Rosencrantz! I am your FATHER!” – Slappy Cromwell, reciting strains from his play, re-written from Hamlet by way of Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Again.
– “It was no mere nightmare, Guybrush! Search your feelings! You understand it to be true!” – LeChuck, quoting Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
– “I acquired so much money, It is embarassing!” – Guybrush within the smugglers’ cave
– “We don’t serve yer type right here!” – Haggis MacMutton, when Guybrush enters the barbershop tarred-and-feathered (one other line from Star Wars)
– “I really feel like I may, TAKE ON THE WORLD!” – Wally (a line from Day of the Tentacle)
– “Ask me about Grim Fandango.” – A badge worn by the silent patron within the hen restaurant.
Grim Fandango is one other journey game by LucasArts. Also a reference to The key Of Monkey Island, where a character from Loom wearing an “Ask me about Loom” badge was to be seen.
– “It’s the stuff that really boring goals are fabricated from.” – Guybrush, looking at a stuffed raven
Very famous altered quotation from The Maltese Falcon.
– “But- at- what- value ” – Guybrush, imitating Captain Kirk
Escape from Monkey Island
– “Life is like pillaging a trading vessel certain for Jamestown… Ya never know what you’re gonna get.” – Guybrush sitting on a bench on outlet stone island veneto Lucre Island, in reference to Forrest Gump
– “Ahh, the middle finger, probably the most communicative of fingers.” – Guybrush, when trying on the middle finger of the giant hand within the Voodoo Lady’s store
– “I could also be a dunce, however at the very least I’m a mighty pirate dunce!” – Guybrush, after getting himself kicked out of the pirate re-training faculty on Knuttin Atoll
– “Are you certain we can’t kill him I’ve let him alive before, and it’s always been a giant mistake.” – LeChuck, about Guybrush Threepwood
– “Well… you combat like a cow!” – Guybrush, when LeChuck exits the Governor’s Mansion
– “Get that factor away from me, you twisted freak!” – Murray, when Guybrush exhibits him the “Abomination of Nature”
– “SEE souvenirs of Guybrush Threepwood’s most well-known escapades! Taste culinary delights authorized by genuine pirates! HEAR stunning pirate people music! Feel your souls being gently ripped from your our bodies by this restaurant of uncompromising EEEEEVIL!!! MWAH-HAH-HAH-HAAA!!!” – Murray
– “Oh, the temperature’s a-rising while my sweat’s a-vapourising and that i cannot really feel my legs beneath my knees anymore.” – Guybrush, ready for the experience in the first Church of LeChuck to start
– “Iron Maiden! Wonderful! …Uh, I don’t know why I mentioned that.” – Guybrush, inspecting an iron maiden. Reference to the movie “Bill and Ted’s Glorious Journey”.
– “Okay… Goodbye merciless adventure game!!…. .. naah overlook it” – Guybrush at his mansion whereas standing on the cliff and hitting enter to leap off the cliff in the beginning of the game.
– “That is the second largest… No… No, that is the largest conch shell I’ve ever seen!”
Tales of Monkey Island
Launch of the Screaming Narwhal
– “Is that this factor sloshing Four phrases you do not need to hear when selecting up a coffin.” – Guybrush, when choosing up a monkey coffin.
– “So we’re going to die… once more… wonderful!” – Elaine, when Guybrush drops the Voodoo root beer
– “These socks need a great darning… Darn you, socks!” – Guybrush, when examining a pair of socks
Nipperkin: “You recognize, Threepwood, you’ve got received spunk. Pirate spunk.”
LeChuck: Do ya mind I am in the midst of an unholy ceremony!
Guybrush: Unholy this [Stabs LeChuck]
Elaine: “Unholy this ”
Guybrush: Yeah, effectively he did not give me loads to work with
The Siege of Spinner Cay
The Lair of the Leviathan
– “You need to kill me! And I’m already dead”
– “The testers – sitting in a dark room with a lava lamp and considering they’re in heaven”
– “Animations I don’t need animations!